Square and PayPal are bringing innovations in the sphere of the online business industry. Standing in the 21st century where everyone is getting benefits from the advanced technology, the ecosystem of business has been changed. People are making online transactions and they are giving more importance to contactless transactions in the retail shops. Therefore, small merchants have made changes in their businesses.
If you want to start your own online business, you must have an online payment gateway. Payment processors such as Square, Stripe, PayPal and many more provide online payment gateway that actually allows the merchants to accept payments online flawlessly. We have already made several comparisons between payment processors. Here, we are going to make a brief comparison between Square and PayPal. So, don’t miss to go through the following points:
Square is one of the most technologically advanced merchant processor solutions. It has zero equipment cost and a monthly fee. Therefore, if you are a new merchant who has a very small business, this will be an ideal option for you.
- Square charges 2.9% + $0.30 for the online transactions
- The fee for keyed transaction is 3.5% + $0.15
- Square follows a flat-rate pricing structure. It charges 2.6% + %0.10 for dipped, tapped and swiped transactions.
The company offers endless features to the merchants. The core features are as follows:
- Efficient Developer Tools: If you want a PCI-compliant solution, you can easily have it with the help of the efficient developer tools of the Square.
- E-commerce Processing: Well, the company allows the merchants to make their own online marketplace. Square will work as a middleman. It will process the online transactions.
- POS Processing: The merchants can accept payments in different forms with the help of the technologically advanced Square’s POS application.
If you are looking for a trusted payment processor for your business, PayPal will be an ideal choice for you. It has a reasonable flat-rate pricing structure, effective developer tools, multiple pricing plans and many more.
Features Of PayPal
PayPal has many attractive features such as PayPal Checkout, PayPal Payments Standard and PayPal Payments Pro.
- PayPal Checkout: PayPal checkout allows you to integrate the checkout option on the payment page. It has PCI compliance, contextual checkout buttons and localized payment methods.
- PayPal Payments Standards: PayPal Payments Standard is a standard plan that allows the merchants to customize the payment buttons.
Along with these, you will have PayPal Payments Pro that comes with a lot of customizable options.
So, this is the comparison between Square and PayPal. We hope that this article will help you to establish your online business flawlessly.