PayPal and Authorize.net are leading the payment industry forward. We all are living in an era where technology is playing an important role. Everything is getting a good shape with the help of technology and the payment system is not an exception. Yes, if we see the present situation, we will get to know that the number of online transactions is rising day by day. Merchants are also making changes in their business strategies.
However, when it comes to accepting payment online, you have to pair your business with any payment with a payment processor in order to get access to an online payment gateway. There are many payment processors offering online payment solutions through their advanced payment gateway. Some of them are Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net. If you are new to online business, you might get confused among these payment processors. Therefore, here, we have made a brief breakdown of PayPal and Authorize.Net here. So, have a look at the following points:
PayPal is a very well-known online payment solution through which merchants can accept online payment. It has been serving more than 265 million customers and almost 21 million merchants have already made their merchant accounts under PayPal.
Non-profit organizations, freelancers, e-commerce companies, online marketplaces use this payment processor to accept payments online.
There are various service plans that PayPal offers. We have highlighted them below:
- Payments Pro: Payments Pro allows the users to create their own hosted checkout page and virtual terminal. With the help of a virtual terminal, merchants can accept payments from anywhere.
- Payments Standard: If you do not have any primary payment processor, you can make PayPal as your primary payment processor.
- Checkout: If you want PayPal as your secondary payment processor, you can go with this service plan.
Authorize.net is another payment processor that offers an online payment gateway. It is available in various countries like Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia and many more. If you are running an online business, you must have an option through which you can accept different forms of payments. Well, with the help of this payment processor, you can easily accept various payments. Authorize.net supports Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Apple Pay, Chase Pay, American Express and many more.
If we talk about the core features, they are as follows:
- Various Developer Tools: Authroize.net offers various developer tools that make it an ideal platform for technology-savvy people.
- Advanced payment Gateway: With the help of the advanced payment gateway, merchants can easily accept payments online.
So, this is an overall comparison between PayPal and Authorize.net. We hope that this article would be helpful for you.