Square and Stripe are two leading payment service providers. We all are living in the 21st century where people are giving more importance to the contactless transaction. Now, depending upon the present situation, small merchants are making an online shift in order to accept online credit card payment. Well, the fact is that a merchant cannot accept payment online without having a merchant account under a payment processor. The payment processor also called merchant processors provides the merchants with an online payment gateway through which they can receive payments from the customers.
There are many payment processors leading the online payment industry. But, among them Square, Stripe and PayPal are remarkable. If you are into online business, you must know about them. Here, we have made a brief breakdown of Square and Stripe in order to give you a concrete idea. So, have a look at the following points:
Square is one of the efficient payment processors. The company offers a standard merchant account at a very reasonable pricing. Moreover, businessmen get a lightning-quick setup for their merchant accounts.
Square is undoubtedly one of the best feature-rich payment processors. The pricing structure is very attractive. We have elaborated it below:
- Flat-rate Pricing: 2.6% + $0.10 for tapped, dipped and swiped transactions
- Keyed Transactions: 3.5% + $0.15
- Online Transactions: 2.9% + $0.30
Well, there is no monthly fee, statement fee and monthly premium. Therefore, if you are a small merchant, you will get endless benefits.
The features of Square are elaborated below:
- Developer Tools: Square offers developer tools and so, it is easy to make your own PCI-compliant solution.
- eCommerce Processing: If you want your own online store, you can easily make it with the help of the API of Square.
Stripe is basically a third-party payment processor. It provides reasonable flat-rate pricing, efficient developer tools, subscription tolls and marketplace tools. Stripe has been operating more than 15 countries and it provides 24×7 customer support.
When it comes to pricing, ACH rate and Credit Cards processing rate matter the most. Therefore, we have specifically added these two below:
- ACH Rate: 0.8% (capped at $5)
- Credit Card Processing Rate: 2.9% + $0.30
Features Regarding Payment
- Merchants can accept payment in different platforms such as web, in-person and mobile applications.
- The businessmen can accept localized payment, mobile wallets and credit cards
- Stripe allows merchants to accept payments in different currencies.
By now, you have probably understood the difference between Stripe and Square. So, what are you waiting for? Choose wisely and take your business to the next level.